Have you seen those commercials from one of the online dating sites where a couple is sitting at a restaurant and they say things like "I promise to take out the trash" or "I promise never to wear flannel PJ's"?
Well, I started to think about things this morning that I promise "to do" and "not to do" in life. The Big Guy already knows my promises to him. At least I think he does....
- To not participate in the ongoing "How-many-people-can-we-get-into-the-bus-stop-shelter". Seriously...every morning, there are more and more people in that shelter. And it doesn't look comfortable. Besides, come the true winter days that will be upon us shortly--nobody will be in that shelter. It has no door.
- To never start to cross the street in a crosswalk when the red hand is either flashing or is solid. I almost saw a man get hit this morning in his rush to get across the street. The hand is red for a reason, people.
- To never, ever, ever talk politics again with the Big Guy. It resulted in a terrible argument Wednesday night. I can hear the Big Guy's sister & mother laughing out loud while saying "...we told you...."
- That over the next two weeks, I will not be touching carbohydrates to help shake off the sugar cravings. Because believe you-me, after going to the doctor for my yearly physical and stepping on the scale, I need to do this. It does work--but by this time next week I'd do some serious damage for a piece of fruit.
- That I will keep you posted on said carbohydrate fasting. This should provide for some good blog writing. ha!
- That I will not freak out when my 15 year old cousin turns 16 in less than 3 weeks and takes me for a drive with her new license. Oh. My. Goodness.
- This weekend I'm going to become crafty and work on some projects. Including homemade cards for the Cards from Amy's Angels project. If you want more information, here's the link to an older blog post (a formal blog is in the works...more to come!).
- To finish Twilight before the movie comes out November 21st. How exciting that the guy who is playing Edward Cullen is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie where he played Cedric. While the two books are completely different, I'd love it if the actor used his British accent. I know, I know...it's set in Washington state. I'm a sucker for the accent.
- To not eat large amounts of Halloween candy today or this weekend. In fact, we don't have any in the house (the Big Guy was sort of disappointed...). But I'm sure that there will be some sort of treat goodness here at the office. Isn't there always?
- To not lose sight of the fact that though gas may be below $2 here in Minnesota, that about 3 years ago we freaked out over $2 gas. Now we consider it cheap, where then it was "expensive". While it's easier on my monthly gas bill, it can (and probably will) creep up again.
- That I will not put up any fall/Thanksgiving decorations until Saturday. The same goes for Christmas--not until November 28th. However, it doesn't mean that I won't purchase some Christmas decor before said date. A girl can plan, right?
I want to also take a moment to thank Tiffany and Heather over at The Secrets In The Sauce for spotlighting my blog this week. I've gained some new readers and along the way, found some new blogs myself! I am still working through the comments everyone has left me. If I haven't stopped by your place, I promise to do so soon.