Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Song That Never Ends....
Today is Amy's 30-something birthday. I could get all sentimental--talking about how she's a cancer survivor, how I adore her to pieces and so on. I could also get sassy and revisit the waxing eyebrows dream (read about it here). But I'm taking a different route.

It is no secret that while Amy is happily married, she does have a boyfriend.

His name is Bon Jovi.

It is well known that Amy is the biggest Bon Jovi fan.

In fact, Amy hopes that the Card Project gets so big that we end up on Oprah. She said to me just the other day, "Remember, if we get on Oprah, you need to tell her that I'm a big Bon Jovi fan."

Amy even played a joke on me at her own wedding involving Bon Jovi's song "You Give Love a Bad Name." The short, short version of the joke is that I told Amy I'd pay her $100 if that song was used for her first dance--never thinking she would actually do it. But you don't make a bet like that with someone who keeps a journal. She dragged me to the dance floor prior to that first dance. We had some laughs and I was a very good sport about it. Amy, being the kind person she is told me, "You keep your money."

Funny thing is....I was prepared. I had a one-hundred dollar bill in my pocket ready to hand over.

That sound you hear? Oh. That's Amy saying "Shut up!" That's right, kiddo. I had that $100 on me but you told me to keep it, even after I asked you "are you sure?" heh. heh. heh.

No. You can't have it now. The bet is over.

But the song lives on....



I heart you, Amy! Here's to many more birthdays, practical jokes and fun all around.

2 comments:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We love it here in EP. I will be following your blog now. Have a good week!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Great story. She's definately "a keeper" as my daddy says. Happy birthday, Amy!