When I was in the 9th grade I went to Space Camp.
Yes! I did! I wanted to be an astronaut. Now I work in higher education. Go figure.
Anyway, while at Space Camp I met my best friend, Julie. When camp ended, we promised to keep in touch. In the time before text messages, e-mail, facebook and Skype, we sent actual handwritten letters back and forth.
In our letters, we always included two things: Gossip of people in our high schools and a little thing called, "Don't You Hate it When..." I thought I'd bring that back to life on the blog.
Here is an edition of Don't You Hate it When...
- You find a recipe that you think sounds really good, you make it and it wasn't as great as you thought?
- You make said recipe and when you're finished you look around the kitchen and it looks like an 8 year old made dinner due to the mess?
- You make lunch plans with a friend to have lunch downtown, but you pack a lunch anyway?
- You're listening to the weather forecast and it says "4-6 inches of snow possible" so you plan accordingly by leaving early and dressing warm....only to find that it's raining and 42 degrees outside.
- You get in the shower, only to remember that you forgot to toss out the shampoo bottle because it was empty? Now you have to get out of the shower, dripping wet, to make your way to the linen closet to get a new bottle of shampoo.
What about you? What is your Don't You Hate it When moment?