Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I'm Still Engaged....
The Big Guy got home yesterday afternoon. At 2:40 p.m. I got a call at work from him. It went something like this....

BG: Wow.
Me: What?
BG: Wow.
Me: I take it you've seen the Man Cave.
BG: Wow.
Me: I take it you like it?
BG: Wow.
Me: That's why Amy came down on Saturday.
BG: Oh LORD! You subjected Amy to this? I feel bad. Embarrassed really.
Me: No judging was involved. It's cool. I promise.
BG: Guess that means I have to take you out to dinner or something.
Me: That's right. Oh, and I found a $5 bill when I was cleaning. I kept it.
BG: You took my emergency $5 out of my hunting wallet?
Me: Yes. Call it fees for services rendered.

There were the "I love you's" and a bunch of "thank you's" as well. Which there should be! ha!

I was also thrilled that he was OK with the stuff I set aside as possible items for his sister's 3-day Walk Fundraising Garage Sale. So, J, you've got some good items coming your way!

Speaking of the 3-day, we are doing the online silent auction again the week of June 22nd. More to come, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Amy in Ohio said...

I like you're 'lets give this cool stuff to a good cause' concept. I might have to steal that and venture into the du.du.du. BASEMENT!

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

You said I love you? What?
EWW!!

Laura Porras said...

Thanks for the follow-up Kelley. So glad he was happy and more importantly appreciated you for doing it :)

Aubrey said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

What a transformation!! I just read through your previous 2 posts too. Ok, so how long did it take you ladies??? LOL

Great job! Of course there were lots of love yous & thank yous!!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Thank you, makes it worth all the hard work. I don't know how my husband would have reacted. So where did you go to dinner?