Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, August 17, 2009

24 for Winston...
Are you a fan of the HGTV Design Star show?

Can I share a little secret with you....I never watch it.
And last season?
Never watched it until the last episode.
The winner?

Yeah. I know her.

Like really know her. Not one of these, she's a friend of a friend who went to this place, and ordered a drink and she was in front her in line type things. We worked together in 1998 up at camp and I enjoyed every conversation with her each and every day.

Imagine flipping channels last summer and seeing an add for the HGTV Design Star and I shrieked out loud and said, "HOLY &$@*! That's Jen from camp!!"

Anyway, Jen and her husband, Chris (also a camp person) had their first child in March. His name is Winston. He was born with a condition called Cystic Hygroma. Basically, for lack of a better word, "messed up" the lymph nodes in his face and neck. Jen and Chris thought that when he was born, it would be a simple procedure and he'd be fine. Little did they know that this was not the case. At all.

As with any family with a special needs child, the need is often greater than anticipated.

That is why another camp friend, Fletch, has decided to run for 24 hours straight.

Yes. Run.
For 24 hours in a row.

I thought walking 60 miles was tough.
But running for 24 hours? That's a new kind of endurance that I don't know if I want to take on!

If you're interested in Jen & Chris' story, and to meet Winston, you can click over to their blog:


This isn't a call for donations.
This isn't a call for anything other than spreading the word about awareness and the amazing thing that Fletch is doing for his friends.

I'm lucky to know these people!

5 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Thanks so much for letting us know. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Running for 24 hours? Heard of it. Know about it. Don't want to do it.

But I'm impressed with folks who do, especially for a good cause.

Meaghan said...

How are you my friend? Hope all is well thanks for all the comments and support! I may need you to sit on a couple people for me :)

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Wow! 24 hours?? That's nuts. Thanks for stopping by! Some of the prettiest weddings I've been to have had mason jars with wild flowers in them.

Rachel Ann said...

I jumped over to your friends site...WOW...what an amazing endeavor he is undertaking. And what a beautiful baby Winston is; I will definitely say a prayer for him and his parents! Thank you for sharing.