Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm having trouble editing the post below....so, here is what I would write in it if I could....

When we began planning our reception we wanted the same things other receptions have: cake cutting, toasts, grace before the meal, a photo-booth (more to come on this...so cool!!) and a guest book.

But come on. Let's face it. What the heck do you do with a guest book? Many people have told me that they had them because they were "supposed to" and are now sitting in a box in their closet.

Amy gave me this idea.
Amy. I love you.

I created a book on Shutterfly, with blank pages for people to sign--like a yearbook! Isn't that a groovy idea!?!?!? Best part is...I created it and ordered it Thursday, it arrived on Tuesday. The quality is GREAT! I love it, love it, love it.

So...I want your thoughts. What do you think?

And yes. Now you know the Big Guy's real name....

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am laughing because just last week I brought home my traditional guest book, it had been sitting in a shopping bag in my old bedroom at my parents house for the past 11years. Now it is sitting on the floor in the office and I still have not looked at it! I absolutely love your idea! However, I am unclear on one thing...since you made the book after your wedding, when will people sign it?

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Hi Amy--my reception hasn't happened yet, actually! We are having that later this year which is what folks are invited to attend. : )

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I LOVE it! What a great coffee table book.

I'm getting ready to shoot some wedding photos for a young bride, and we are planning on doing a book. I can't wait.

Evansmom said...

I had the same question as Amy. I LOVE this idea. I am going to tuck it away for the next family wedding.

Amy said...

Thanks for the response on the book, I thought that might be the case!

Dorkys Ramos said...

I think this is awesome! Love the personal touch with your couple story. I think this will be way more interesting to flip through for you and your guests rather than lazily signing your name in a generic book.