Forty Things Before I'm Forty List....
I know, I know.
My last post wasn't all roses, rainbows and unicorns. I believe in one thing: being very transparent and honest. On my birthday, that was honestly on my mind.
Age is just a number.
I was encouraged by a few of you to take life and run with it.
And that's what I'm going to do.
On Monday on my facebook page, I asked my friends to help me make a list of 40 things to do before I turn 40. Sort of like the 100 things in 1001 days list--but shorter.
So, here is what I hope to do in the next year....
1. Sign up and complete a 5K
2. Bike the Paul Bunyon trail
3. Go on the Rip Cord at Valleyfair with my cousin Karla
4. Read the Bible
5. Go on a trip to somewhere I've never been (airport layovers don't count).
6. Learn to make jelly/jam and how to can (with my mother)
7. Attend an information session on adoption
8. Attend the Opera
9. Pay off my credit card and shred it when it's paid off
10. Take a photography class
11. Eat a small steak (I haven't eaten beef since 1993)
12. Learn to shoot a hand gun (my husband will LOVE this one)
13. Go zip-lining
14. Go out to the Split Rock Light House on Lake Superior
15. Learn to make lefse
16. Research my family tree and find out more on my dad's father (he was adopted and we have very little information on his biological family).
17. Write a children's book
18. Watch every movie that earned the Best Picture Oscar since 1990 (borrowed from my friend Wendy's list)
19. Try every drink on the Caribou Coffee menu
20. Re-learn sign language (I took a class in college, but have slowly forgotten it)
21. Swim with dolphins
22. Send a message in a bottle
23. See a shuttle launch (this is the last year, isn't it?)
24. Visit the Minneapolis Institute of Art
25. Read the entire Harry Potter series again
26. Ride a Unicycle
27. Go to one game for every MN sports team: Timberwolves, Wild, Twins, Vikings
28. Go to a Minnesota Orchestra Concert
29. Write a letter to President Obama
30. Learn to juggle
31. Take at least one course online and finish it
32. Make an alumni donation to UND
33. Own something with the new UND nickname (I don't have to like it...)
34. Learn to make artisan bread
35. Go through a corn maze
36. Make a birthday calendar and send cards to those who have a birthday
37. Read the entire For Better of For Worse Comic Strip Series (that one is for you Kevin)
38. Make 100 handmade greeting cards
39. Make a gingerbread house from scratch
40. Watch every episode of Friends (believe it or not, have not seen them all...)
I'll keep you posted on my list and how I do. Besides, this makes for good blog material.
Watching me ride a unicycle is worth its weight right there.