Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful....
and if I had a fireplace, I'm sure it would be really delightful. But it's hard to find a blizzard delightful.

Well. A blizzard from Dairy Queen is quite delightful.
But that's not what I'm talking about.

I spent all weekend in my cozy townhome watching the snow swirl around outside during a blizzard. Even the cat got cozy on our bed. She wasn't going anywhere. Probably because I spoiled her rotten and turned on the electric blanket.



I do not remember the last time that we were under a blizzard warning. I decided to check out the road report. Check this out.

Yes. All of those "road closed" warnings are for pretty much half of the state.

I got out the camera and took some photos early in the morning. All of the things I've taken a photo of, are literally no more than 50 to 100 yards outside of my door. You can barely make them out due to the blowing snow.


Let's just say that I'm glad I was indoors this weekend and didn't need to go anywhere!


Because I stayed inside I have the cleanest, most organized house in town. I'd give a pregnant woman in nesting mode a run for her money!



But this.
This was the best.
I am friends with Sven Sundgaard, the local weather guy on our NBC station. He's a young guy (almost 30) and quite adorable. In fact, every year before the 3-day I will write on his wall for a "3-day weather update" and he always replies.

This was his update on Saturday evening.




You know it's bad when the weatherman says, "Winter....I'm over you, for real."

Is it April yet?

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man... those pictures make me shiver. We have 2 inches of snow & 19 degrees & I think its miserable enough... yuck! Spring is one day closer every day - I keep repeating that...

Anonymous said...

It was in the 50's here yesterday and all of the snow and ice have melted. Looks like spring. So much for people thinking you're hip deep in snow in Montana. Well at least in the Western part of the state. love,mom

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Great Googly Moogly! That's why I don't live in Minnesota. I'd die there. In a snow bank. Bundle up! The kitty picture is cute.

Caren said...

We got your football team here on Monday night. The Lions actually won and bonus...free tickets to the Monday night game. Oh well... what else would people have to complain about if we didn't have horrible winter???

Dorkys Ramos said...

We still haven't received our first major snowball and quite frankly it could take it's sweet time getting here. The cold temps have definitely arrived though. Stay warm!