Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, April 18, 2011

Ace of Cakes Ain't Got Nothin' on Me.....
This weekend the Big Guy and I headed down to my Grandpa's house for an early Easter gathering.  Well...it was billed as an "Early Easter", but really?  It was to meet my Grandpa's girlfriend, Lois.  She wanted to meet all of us.  Grandpa asked....we went.  My mom even flew in from Montana!


Because our family gatherings have been pot-luck style since about 1982, I agreed to bring dessert.  I decided to make a rainbow cake!


What started out as individual cakes tinted with a boat load of food coloring.....




Ended up as a frosted tower of sugar goodness (no, the frosting isn't funfetti--those are crumbs from the cake....clearly I still need practice).


And when sliced, it looked like this.....
My goof ball husband.





When I served the first slice, the room gasped and a really-loud, "WOW!!" was heard by all.
I'm serious!
They gasped!
They wow'd!


All for a cake!


Thankfully we didn't need to worry about a sugar coma.  My grandpa tests his blood sugar....so, if anyone was in real trouble, he would have known what to do.  I hope.

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

That is so cool!!! ... & mile-high cake? Never a bad thing!!!

Mark said...

Your Rainbow cake is so Gay! And I mean that in the good way.
Your Friend, m.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Mark: I do have a cousin who is gay and thought that it should be all for him! ha! :)

Caren said...

I want some!

Dorkys Ramos said...

OMG that looks amazing!! Congrats on pulling it off! SO beautiful. I have a question though, did the cake taste weird at all? I'm always worried that using too much food coloring will alter it somehow so my attempts with cupcakes always look pale or dingy. I can't believe how vibrant yours turned out! Wow indeed :)