Update: 40 Things Before I'm 40....
How did that happen?
It also means I'm 6 months away from the big 4-0. And it also means I'm 6 months away from completing this list. I'm not doing too badly....actually!
Here's the update.
5. Go on a trip to somewhere I've never been (airport layovers don't count).
--In May we're going up to the North Shore...someplace I've never been! Photos to come after the trip! We're staying in a bed & breakfast....yum!
9. Pay off my credit card and shred it when it's paid off
--DONE! D....O....N....E....done! Whoooo! (and the cards have been shredded well before I paid it off so that I couldn't add to the debt).
14. Go out to the Split Rock Light House on Lake Superior
--Doing this in May!
16. Research my family tree and find out more on my dad's father (he was adopted and we have very little information on his biological family).
--I've hit a serious dead end with this one. But! I did find out more about my grandma's family (my dad's mom) and discovered that I am able to be a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution!
19. Try every drink on the Caribou Coffee menu
--Seriously, people. This one is a no brainer. DONE! And they've added new drinks....and yep! DONE!
23. See a shuttle launch
--We actually made plans to go in April, but with my new job we couldn't do it. DARN IT!
25. Read the entire Harry Potter series again
28. Go to a Minnesota Orchestra Concert
--DONE! We did this right after my birthday!
31. Take at least one course online and finish it
--I wrote this when I worked for the online university where I could take classes for free. I don't work there now, so this one may be a challenge to find something I like. Sadly, my new school is a state run school, which means I'm union, which means I can't take classes for free for 3 years. So....any ideas?
33. Own something with the new UND nickname (I don't have to like it...)
--Well. This may not happen due to the fact that the ND House and Senate have blocked the name change!!
34. Learn to make artisan bread
--DONE! I have photos to post (once I download them)...
36. Make a birthday calendar and send cards to those who have a birthday
--Done(calendar) and In progress (on the cards). I have been doing this throughout the year!
38. Make 100 handmade greeting cards
40. Watch every episode of Friends (believe it or not, have not seen them all...)
--I'm on Season 4 right now!
To be clear, this update was more for me than anyone else, because I needed a swift kick in the rear-end on this list!