Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Fallen Down the Boy Band Rabbit Hole....

Don't judge me.

When I was in high school I loved New Kids on the Block (NKOTB).  I saw them in concert twice before my freshman year in college--once at the old Civic Center (which is now a parking lot for IKEA and the Mall of America) and once at Harriet Island in St Paul on the 4th of July.

I, of course, saw them again when I was in my late 30's.
I justified the super expensive ticket because I was an adult and I paid for the ticket with my own money.  And let me tell you.  That $90 ticket was worth it to (a) be so close I could see the creases in their jeans and (b) to have Joey McIntyre wave and point at me.

(I can't prove he pointed at me, specifically)
(but I am CLAIMING THAT WAVE AS MINE!)

So, last week I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned.  I was in the chair and I heard a song that made me think to myself, "what song is this?  I really like it."

I remembered a line from the lyrics....

"....I drive all night...to take her home..."

That song?
This one.


Story of My Life by One Direction.

One Direction.
The boy band from the UK.

What the hell?!?
It wasn't bubble gum.
It wasn't kitchy.
It was really....normal!

The result?  This last weekend I spent time listening to YouTube videos from various boy bands.  NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, and yes....One Direction.  I even watched videos of interviews and I thought, "Lord, I hope that these boys don't end up like Justin Bieber."  But I will say, this song is catchy.  And I have had it in my head since last week.  

I did a little google searching to learn a little more about them and found out that they were all born when I was in college.  Which means?  

I'm officially old enough to be their mother.

(but just barely)


1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Funny. Another blogger today was talking about this song. I admitted I have it on my iPod... & actually think the words are sorta dumb, but its so catchy.

Man, I love me some boy bands. I was a NKOTB junkie from the beginning. Still love Backstreet Boys & who couldn't love N'SYNC with JT? :)