Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Wednesday, October 29, 2008



Boo Mama? And Soup in a Crockpot? LOVE IT!

Well, if you're popping by from SITS, please let me introduce you to one of my favorite blogs, Boo Mama.

I cannot tell you how much I love this woman. Not to sound like I'm a stalker, but if there was a house up for sale in her neighborhood--I would so put in a bid because she would be so much stinkin' fun to live next too. She's Southern. She's sassy. She could teach me about football. She has an adorable little boy. She has a loving husband. She loves cheese & The Office. She has super cute hair. She also loves God and even did a mission trip to Africa. She makes me laugh. She makes me think.

And I adore her for it.

And now.....she is having a crockpot soup link-up?

This is the best day ever!

What a better recipe to post than one that involves cheese.

This is the easiest soup you'll ever make. As the Big Guy's sister says, "It's literally just dumping in the ingredients." One year, we actually had this for Christmas dinner with some great crusty bread. This served 6 adults with at least one, if not two servings left over.

YUM!

And while we're talking about crockpot cooking--if you have yet to try the Reynolds Crockpot liners, I would think about it for this recipe. Heat + cheese = at least a 24 soak in the sink.

Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can (15 oz) chicken stock
1 pint half and half
1 medium block (1 pound size) of velveeta, cubed
1 can sliced potatoes, drained
1 can wild rice, drained


Directions
Fry up bacon and onions. Drain on paper towel when bacon is done

In a bowl, whisk cream of chicken soup, chicken stock and half & half. Pour into crock pot. Add bacon, onion, potatoes, rice & velveeta
Heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through to 160 degrees.

Serve, eat, enjoy, and fight over who will have the leftovers for lunch.

Things to Note:
This is a favorite in our house. Because we are starting to watch what we eat.....

(insert eyebrow raise here and the phrases, "Wait, you're using velveeta and bacon...")

...we've used Canadian Bacon (the small ones that you use on pizza), the 2% velveeta, fat free 1/2 and 1/2, and the Campbell's Healthy Request soup. I will say that I personally can't tell a difference, but you might find that it separates a little in the crockpot. Don't worry--give it a good stir and it's good as good can be.

Thanks for stopping by! Now...print this post, and get your mouse clicking over to Boo Mama. You'll be glad you did.

16 comments:

Trista said...

Sounds yummmy! Thanks for sharing!

Come check out my recipe!

black betty said...

sounds delish...

Jen said...

Oooo I'll have to try this! Betcha the hubby will LOVE it! =)

Hugs, Jen

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

I'm SO making this on Sunday! Thanks Kelley!

david mcmahon said...

My wife makes great soups too - but it's getting too hot here for soups. Here in Australia we're two months into spring!

The Farmers Wife said...

sounds like something the kids would like, okay so the momma too, ha. Crockpots are the best!

Bar-b said...

oooh, you're fun, I am so happy that I found you on SITS! I want to peruse the joint now ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yummo!
Hey- I think your card plan sounds incredible, and I'd love to know more about it. Do you have info on your blog?

Hipmomofboyz said...

sounds so good. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT to try this! I love any recipe that starts with "Fry bacon...." almost as much as I love it when Paula Dean says, "Okay, y'all, you're gonna need a half-pound of butter...!"

You are right on about Sophie (Boo Mama). She was my sorority big sister, and I can tell you that who you meet on the blog is who you will find if you ever meet her. Seriously, she IS one of the funniest people walking the earth. Sista can lay you out on the floor from laughing so hard. So, stalking Sophie is a good thing! :)

I am just thrilled to have stopped by your blog, not only for the recipe, but because I am sure I'm going to enjoy coming back again and again! (I'm a big fan of the "don't-cha-know" phrase. Love it!

Glad to have met you!

Tater Mama

TisforTonya said...

over from SITS, enjoying your blog too much for this late at night - another LOST junkie just killing time :)

jori-o said...

Stopping over from SITS--your recipe sounds yummy! And I totally agree with you on Rachael Ray--love her...but I could never do her 30 minute recipes that fast either!

Anonymous said...

OMG my husband will LOVE this soup!!! He's such a soup eater, I only like soup every so often, I like to CHEW my calories;) LOL But hey, gotta please the man sometimes, right? LOL

Mommy of M's said...

Stopped by from SITS the other day and just returned. I just noticed your "jello-salad with marshmallows at a Lutheran Lenten Supper" comment. That is so funny!! I though it was just at our church, those little old ladies eat that stuff quick!! HAHAHAHA

Hula Girl at Heart said...

This looks delicious. I've already printed it to try in the coming weeks. I love homemade soups!