Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, December 28, 2009

What I Learned On my Vacation....
This last week, I took time off from work. While on my vacation I learned the following:

*You can go years from watching Days of Our Lives and still be able to pick up the story pretty much right where you left off. Also, the Christmas episode of Days doesn't change either.

*Daytime TV really isn't that great, but I will say that if you have a desire to earn your degree as a medical assistant or massage therapist, there are many options available to you.

*While I don't mind being at home on a vacation with nothing to do, I'd still like the option to do something. However, that is hard to do when you get slammed with 22 inches of snow over 3 days. 3 days people. Here is the before (taken on Wednesday, Dec. 23) and after (taken Saturday, Dec 26th) of the snow pole at the end of our driveway so that the plows know where the corner of the driveway is. Yes, it's piled up that high.







*Wii Monopoly is nothing like regular Monopoly. Like regular Monopoly....I'm terrible at it.

*I still can't master Wii archery. And I used to teach archery at camp. Sad. Very, very sad.

*Shrink wrapping your windows with one of those home window kits is great....if the double sided tape would continue to stick to the window. What good is a window sealing kit if the darn thing won't stay stuck? Can't wait to see next month's heat bill!

*Speaking of a chilly house, you know it's cold when the cat sleeps on the bed and covers her face with her paws.



*The Big Guy got one of those chocolate oranges in his stocking this year. While the chocolate oranges are fun to whack on the counter and have little sections to eat, I still don't like fruit flavored chocolate. I try it every year thinking my taste buds will change. Nope. Not at all.

*Because of the snow fall, the Big Guy couldn't drive to work on Friday because of terrible road conditions. This resulted in sharing the remote control. I learned he doesn't care for 70's sitcoms. How could I have not known this?

*Because of the snow, I had an impromptu craft project. I made a Tooth Fairy pouch for my friend Jennifer who's 6 year old has her first loose tooth. Here it is.....isn't that cute?




Speaking of my cat....


She just popped up and peeked over the coffee table at me the other night. All I saw were ears and two eyes. Cracked me up.

I also came to the recollection that next Christmas, there will be big changes in our lives and the lives of those around us, which is very exciting and scary all at the same time. Check out my blog on Friday for my plans for 2010.

There is more on deck than a wedding, people! No. I'm not pregnant.

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the pics of the kitty & that tooth fairy bag is awesome!!!

I will run past Days of our Lives when I have a day off & am AMAZED the SAME people are still on there 20 years later!!!!

I'm dying to hear the news of 2010!!

Tater Mama said...

I laughed at the soap opera observation. I didn't watch the now-defunct Guiding Light for about six 10 years. When I did have the time to see what was new, I turned it on only to realize it was just "later that day..."

The pictures of your cat? Hilarious!

Snow! I wish we could get a good snow here in Memphis without the ice. We get ice. People in Memphis complain about it, get out and drive on it, then wonder why our city is not at the top of everyone's relocation list.

Can't wait for Friday's post!

Juliana said...

Love the bag!!!! That is A LOT of snow!!!! I am a follower. Come check out my blog and follow if you would like. It is nice to "meet" you.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Aww the chilly kitty pic is so cute! I feel its pain. Last week was super chilly and snowy, but nowhere hear what you guys experienced!

And ooh, mysterious are we? Can't wait for the reveal :)

Caren said...

We haven't got a lot of snow "yet" here in Michigan. I fear it is coming though. Laughing, I definitely thought you were preggers by your comment. Ha!!! Can't wait to see what is happening with you!!!