Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Friday, March 26, 2010


Show Us Your Life--Cleaning Tips
Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, asked us to show our cleaning tips. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm going to share some links to 2 posts that I have done in the past.

Pet Hair Removal: Click here to read how I took a sock that lost it's match and used it to clean the cat hair off my furniture. No more lugging out the vacuum, using a lint roller or one of those special pet hair removers.

Cheap Laundry Soap: Click here to read how I made my own laundry soap. Note the date of this post (August 2009). As of today, March 26th, I still have at least 1/2 a box of Borax and 1/4 a box of washing soda from the original purchase. Bar soap and oxy clean had to be replenished (the Big Guy didn't realize that the Oxy Clean was part of my how-long-will-it-last experiment). But so far, one batch of soap lasts us about 30 washes. And for an update....yes! It did remove the awful sugar beat smell.

Be sure to head over to Kelly's Korner to read what others have to share!

3 comments:

Tara said...

The Shark Steam cleaner (mop) on the market now are the best. They clear with only hot water so I feel better with kids and pets. Everything I have cleaned looks super clean!

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

I love it!! I am always up for alternatives!! Will check it out!!

Caren said...

I love the sock to clean cat hair. I use them on the stairs...wonderful! Now all I need is a manual on how to convince a 12 year old, 18 pound cat to poop in the litter box and life will be good. She has now taken a liking to the stairs.