Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, October 18, 2010

Favorite Crockpot Soup: Butternut Squash....
It is no secret that I love to cook with my crockpot. In fact, I use my crockpot at least 2 times a week, sometimes more. Unless we are out of town, I make at least one dish in the crockpot on the weekends.

So, I thought that I'd share with you some of my favorite recipes for the crock pot.

Embrace the crockpot, my friends!

One of my favorite websites is Crockpot 365, where the blog author used her crockpot everyday for a year. I get a lot of my recipes from there and this one is no exception! You can find the link to her recipe here, or you can read it below.

Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
2 apples, diced (you can leave the skins on)
2 small onions diced (or 2T of onion flakes)
4 cups of chicken stock
1 1/2 t of salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t coriander
1/4 t cinnamon

Toss all ingredients into the crock pot.

Cook on low for 6 hours.

Using an immersion blender (or a "stick blender") to blend the cooked squash, apples and onions until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender but please be careful!

Hot liquid + covered blender = a big mess if you're not careful!

Once blended, you're done! Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy.


This soup? Lord have mercy. It was divine!
Not bland.
Not boring.
It was awesome.

I'd show you a photo, but there is no soup left as I ate the last bowl for lunch on Sunday.

2 comments:

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

Whhho-EEE! That sounds delish!

Stephanie ODea said...

Kelley, thank you for the link, and I'm so glad that you are enjoying your crockpot!

your soup sounds marvelous. yum!

xoxo steph