Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Care What You Think....


Does anyone else struggle with the fact that they care about what people think of them?


I was in a meeting yesterday and it felt like every idea I shared with those in attendance was shot down.  I felt like I was back in high school.  You've seen it....a kid who isn't popular, is forced to be in a small group with popular kids.  The not so popular kid gives an idea and everyone else says, "nah....".  


That was me yesterday.
I was basically told "thanks but no thanks."


Never mind that what we were talking about was an online learning environment.
An environment that I worked in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. 4. YEARS.


Yet, I felt like that kid in high school.
Saying, "are you sure?" to have the cool kids say, "nah...."


Anyone else ever struggle with this?

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

ALL the time...

I always say that high school behavior follows us through all the days of our lives...

They dont know what they're missing... I'd totally take your ideas :)

Mark said...

You poor mess!
Question. When you proposed your idea, did you present it confidently? And if so, and they turned you down, their loss. At least you can tell them, "I told you so" when plan #2 fails.
And I'm only kidding on that "poor mess" wording. We all feel like that, even us "cool" ones. ha! But here's the secret, Just don't show it!
Your Friend, m.