Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday Wreath (yes. From Pinterest)

When I did the Pinterest link up a little while ago, I mentioned that I was going to make a rag wreath with some Christmas material I found.   I made the wreath.  It looks like a pom-pom for a cheer squad.  That's what happens when you pick green, white, red and black.


OOOPS!!


I really wanted something fun for a wreath and found this on pinterest.


To which I bought these supplies (the orange snow fence is NOT required for this project. ha!):

I dug out the glue gun.
Dusted off the glue sticks.
And began to create my wreath.
Total cost:


Foam wreath form:  $2.45 (I had a coupon to save 40%)
Ornaments:  $35 (ouch)
Glue gun & sticks:  free (already owned)


Tips:
*wait to do this AFTER the holiday season and get the ornaments on sale.  That was my downfall.  While I bought a "bonus pack" of that included 42 ornaments of various sizes and colors, I needed 2.  They cost me $12 each, and that was on sale. 
*I also used miniature ornaments, and needed 3 packs of 24...costing $11 total.  These mini ornaments filled in the little spaces.
*It really did go quickly....an afternoon, tops.  
*The link above gives you step by step instructions--and they were spot on.


Final result.....
I love it.
The Big Guy said, "It looks like something from the 70's."
I refrained from comments about his age.