Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Family Secrets....

As a child growing up, I loved going to visit Santa.  I don't think we own a "bad Santa picture" where I'm crying and freaked out to be on his lap. But I loved the magic of Santa....from circling photos in the annual toy catalogs, to making lists, visiting him at the local mall or department store, making cookies for him to enjoy, and even leaving out carrots for the reindeer.  My mom still has a letter written by Santa, which was left for me when I was a child. 

When I started dating the Big Guy, I remember my first Christmas with his family.  His mom collects Santa items.  Ornaments....figurines....you name it.  I always thought, "she collects Santa's like I collect snowmen".  I never really thought much of it.

But imagine to my surprise when I found out that the Big Guy's aunt is actually Mrs. Claus.  Which means that the Claus's--aka Mr & Mrs Kris Kringle--are the Big Guy's aunt and uncle.
Seriously.
I can't make this up.

No wonder my mother-in-law collects Santa's!

My nephews are now getting to the age where they are wondering if there really is a Santa. 



My mother-in-law does this.  Which makes complete sense, since she's related to Santa and all.

When the Big Guy's uncle heard this, he knew he had to act fast...but with the delivery of toys around the world coming up on Saturday, his schedule is tight.  So on Saturday at 5:00 p.m., Santa himself will be connecting to my in-laws computer for a Skype chat with the nephews.  He's going to be using his laptop on board the sleigh to check in with the boys.

Oh yes.
It's true.
Santa is pretty fancy.

I'll be sure to take a video of it and post it for you to see along with photos.

I better be on my best behavior.
Nothing is worse than coal in your stocking--even as an adult.