Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, October 14, 2013

Q&A of the Day, October 14

Well.
The Bonfire was a huge success and guess what?
Only one photo was taken the entire weekend.

One.



My picture of the bonfire at 10:00 at night.  Exciting!

But we had a nice turn out and even had a funny conversation with a 4 year old.  It went like this:

Isaac (seeing my UND Fighting Sioux sweatshirt):  Why do you like the Sioux?
Me:  Why?
Isaac:  Yeah?  Why?  BOOOOO SIOUX!!! (making thumbs down gestures)
Me:  BOO SIOUX?  Pfffft.  BOOOOO HUSKIES!!! (a rival school)

That little guy makes me laugh.
And clearly he's been brainwashed.

Anyway.  Here's today's question:


What phrase do you overuse?

I have a few, but I think the one I use the most is:  are you serious?
Followed by:  OK....Really?

Considering that I work at a college, with college students, and seeing a lot of their antics, it is par for the course.  Just this morning I had a student reach out to me for a paper that she submitted over 6 weeks ago and wanted to know if she'd be docked for late points.  First off, I'm not your instructor (but I do mange the online learning portal, so I get why she reached out), but secondly?  IT WAS 6 WEEKS AGO!

Now that I've written that out, I'll be catching myself when I say it....I just know it.

What about you?

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Shut up!

No, that's what I use a lot... like Shut up! When I think someone is joking... when something is funny? SHUT UP!
When I want my husband to shut his yap? You guessed it.