Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, June 01, 2009

I Might Qualify for Social Security Now...
The photos of the Diane Keaton meet and greet are up.

Oh. Can't see it? That's right. You won't.

Yours truly looked like complete $#@& in the photo. I could make a thousand excuses--the lighting was bad, it was taken from the side, Diane Keaton is a size zero and anyone next to a size zero looks like crap. Blah. Blah. Blah.

The truth of the matter is, I'm a big girl who's big badonkadonk has been in the plus size section since she was a junior in high school. While I'm on the low end of the plus size, it still isn't an excuse.

Therefore, the Diane Keaton photo will stay hidden for some time.

But it did give me (another) wake up call that as you get older it isn't as easy to lose weight as it is when you're younger. I think the biggest reason is energy level. I think about being 20 something in college, where I could stay up late at night, get 3 hours of sleep and go all day.

Now, I get up in the morning, and by 9:30 a.m. I'm ready for a nap.

This is a clear indicator that someone needs to get her metabolism up and running. Wait. Not running. How about a brisk walk.....

That is where the Wii comes into play. Yep. The Big Guy and I bought a Wii this weekend with the new "game" Active. The Wii has the WiiFit, but this is a new, more active--ha!--work out. All the reviews I've read have been 5 stars. So, my hope is that this will get me off the couch and feeling a bit better.

Anyway, we hooked up the Wii Saturday night and started to play the game that came with it. The Big Guy kicked my butt in every game. We bowled. We golfed. I told him that it was because he plays computer games now and again, where I don't. Though I did do pretty good at bowling.

Then you can figure out your "training age" (I think that's what it is called). You hit a few baseballs, you play a little tennis, and you bowl a few frames.

The Big Guy was, like, 53 years old.
I was 73 years old.

SEVENTY THREE.

In my defense it was the bowling part that got me.

I do have tennis elbow ya' know.

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh dang ... dont you hate pictures that you just rather not be out there?

I'm sure they touched up Diane ... you should've asked if they could touch you up like they do the stars? hehe!

I'm sure you're still beautiful! Dont get too down on yourself!

Unknown said...

Take the test again...(you will feel better) I think I was 50 something first time I played... (it goes down... promise!)

Tater Mama said...

We haven't bitten the Wii bullet yet, but I'm getting the fever. I'm sure yours will provide us with lots of entertaining posts! Go ahead and tell people you're 73 and let them tell you how great you look for your age. :)

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Your post is so me right now. I can't seem to lose weight anymore. It use to be easy to take the lbs. off. I too am ready for that nap at 9:30. I am sure you looked good seems like we are always harder on ourselves.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

That bowling gets me every time, and makes me feel like a failure. Give me a game that involves dancing or air guitar. Oh wait, they have that, and I suck at that, too. Never mind.

tt said...

I can't do the boxing ones that well. I do laugh when my 5 and 11 year old get their age in the 50's and 60's. Don't be ashamed of the photo with Dianne Keaton. Show it, be proud that you have lived a healthy life. Or leak it to Ardent Viper, I hear he will release it.