Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Friday, January 29, 2010


Show Us Your Life--Fashion Tips....
This week over at Kelly's Korner, Kelly has asked us to share our fashion tips. Is Kelly not the most adorable thing in life? I just want to bottle her up and take her home, she's so lovely.

But....Ummmm....yeah.
I have zero fashion tips. Sorry Kelly

Z...E...R...O

Though if Anthony, from the current season of Project Runway is available to come revamp my wardrobe, I'd be all over it. I love that guy!

But here is what I do need.....I need wedding day help. YES! Wedding day help. I need help picking out shoes and even a head piece.

Here is what you need to know:

1. My dress has shorter (read: no train and you will see my legs). So I need a cute shoe. I'd prefer a shoe with a small heel. I'm in a garden, in May (read: wet ground after a long MN winter). Any idea on a shoe? Here are some ideas I've found.





From those that have done this, I need your 2-cents. Good idea? Bad idea? Should I just buy some white converse and call it a day?

2. I'm not wearing a veil. I didn't look good in any veil I tried on. But the little headbands and such? Yes! Loved them. Here are a few I've seen that I like.











However....

I will not wear anything like this....reminds me of the old hats my grandmother gave me to play dressup.

So....what do you suggest?
Help a sister out!

10 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

If its going to be muddy - get some white rain boots just in case :)

I love those head bands!!!! Beautiful! Maybe you can get one with a flower on the side - not anything HUGE like that last picture (thought I'd totally wear that)... but the rhinestones are stunning!

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

ok, how's this for my frugal bride friend? I wore a headband and loved it! You could borrow mine! My BFF at the time found my wedding shoes at a garage sale for $.75! You could borrow those too if you'd like.

Alissa said...

Hopping over from Kelly's. =) I totally love the converse! My sister did it for her wedding (as well as numerous friends!) and it was super cute! Also, I really like the second headband! Good luck! :)

Hula Girl at Heart said...

From a photography standpoint-I'd do the Converse. They make for great, fun wedding photos, no one see your feet when you walk down the aisle and you don't have to worry about mud. At the reception, you can have everyone sign them with a Sharpie and then you have a fun keepsake.

I like headband #2, but have you thought about a simple flower in your hair?

Alyssa said...

Haha the last thing you posted is exactly the kind of veil I've always wanted, but my grandmothers never wore hats, so maybe I should think about the old lady image haha!

Emily of Timeless Paper said...

Shop on Etsy for wedding ideas. I'm always showing my bridal finds from Etsy on my blog.

Jennifer said...

Here's another idea for shoes to wear the day of...not for the ceremony! But for walking through muddy areas or whatever...http://www.target.com/Merona-Zara-Houndstooth-Rain-Boots/dp/B002RSDU5U/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=727288011&node=727288011&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&sessionID=187-1564002-2630565&searchSize=30

Yikes that link is long!

petrii said...

I would say opt for a pretty ballerina flat if it's muddy or if you do decide on a heel, I'd say one with a strap so you don't start walking and leave your sure in the mud =)

I love headband #2!!! So cute!!

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn @ dawnscottagecorner.blogspot.com

Babbling Brooke said...

Hopping over from Kelly's blog and yes, she IS adorable :)

I LOVE headbands. That was like my #2 "must-have" when I got married lastApril. I opted for just a simple faux-pearl headband I found at Ross (I think) for like $10.

As for shoes, we also go married outside, and I actually had 2 pair of shoes. One "cute" pair similar to example #1 that we took pictures with, like getting dressed, putting on (and off) the garter etc. But when it came time to walk around and things, I had a pair of just plain white flipflops that we attached some sparkle to, to dress them up. They were fantastic! Comfy, didn't get stuck in the damp ground and I got lots of compliment on them!

Good Luck deciding! :)

Pray~and~Wait said...

Hi! I'm over from Kelly's Korner!

I love the idea of a short dress!! I just got married in October and I have an addiction to shoes (I wore three pair on my wedding day!). I think it would be super cute to get some cheap white Old Navy flip flops and glam them up with bling from Hobby Lobby or other crafty stores. Then all you need is a pedicure and you won't have to worry about heels sinking in the soft ground!

As for the hair...Forever 21 has SUPER cute headbands with flowers on them! You could also get some great, fun, big jewelry and then just use a flower in your hair. I got a flower off ebay for $12 for my wedding! It was a hit! I loved my simple veil, but I only wore it for the ceremony and then just had the flower for the reception! Can't wait to check back to see what you decide!

Have so much fun planning!!!! Its the best day of your life!!! Just remember to relax and take in every second on your big day! :)