Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Friday, November 04, 2011

40 Things Before I'm 40, only a few weeks left (CRAP!)...

If you're new to my corner of the interwebs, or need a refresher, I made a big blod claim that I would try to complete 40 items before I turned 40 in November.

Did you look at the calendar?
Holy Moses.  It's November.
And my list?  Yep.  Not done.

Here's the list again.  I've crossed out what I have completed.

Note:  I've crossed out some items because they're just not possible and are highlighted in green.  Like seeing the shuttle launch.  They're not doing that anymore, and while we attempted a trip to go--I got a new job and didn't have PTO for 6 months.  So... you get the idea.

1. Sign up and complete a 5K
2. Bike the Paul Bunyon trail
3. Go on the Rip Cord at Valleyfair with my cousin Karla
4. Read the Bible
5. Go on a trip to somewhere I've never been (airport layovers don't count).6. Learn to make jelly/jam and how to can (with my mother)7. Attend an information session on adoption8. Attend the Opera9. Pay off my credit card and shred it when it's paid off10. Take a photography class
11. Eat a small steak (I haven't eaten beef since 1993)
12. Learn to shoot a hand gun (my husband will LOVE this one)
13. Go zip-lining
14. Go out to the Split Rock Light House on Lake Superior

15. Learn to make lefse
16. Research my family tree and find out more on my dad's father (he was adopted and we have very little information on his biological family).
17. Write a children's book
18. Watch every movie that earned the Best Picture Oscar since 1990 (borrowed from my friend Wendy's list)
19. Try every drink on the Caribou Coffee menu
20. Re-learn sign language (I took a class in college, but have slowly forgotten it)
21. Swim with dolphins
22. Send a message in a bottle
23. See a shuttle launch (this is the last year, isn't it?)24. Visit the Minneapolis Institute of Art25. Read the entire Harry Potter series again26. Ride a Unicycle27. Go to one game for every MN sports team: Timberwolves, Wild, Twins, Vikings28. Go to a Minnesota Orchestra Concert
29. Write a letter to President Obama
30. Learn to juggle31. Take at least one course online and finish it
32. Make an alumni donation to UND33. Own something with the new UND nickname (I don't have to like it...)34. Learn to make artisan bread35. Go through a corn maze36. Make a birthday calendar and send cards to those who have a birthday
37. Read the entire For Better of For Worse Comic Strip Series (that one is for you Kevin)
38. Make 100 handmade greeting cards
39. Make a gingerbread house from scratch40. Watch every episode of Friends (believe it or not, have not seen them all...)
What's left?

A bunch of stuff that I need to try and cram into the next month, that's what is left.  Add in there that I have 2 work trips, this could be quite the challenge.  So, let's be realistic shall we?  Here are the ones I plan to complete before my birthday....

11.  Eat a small steak
24.  Visit the Minneapolis Institute of Art
25.  Go to a Wild game (T-wolves are done, Twins are done, Vikings...no thanks)
32.  Make an alumni donation to UND
39.  Gingerbread house from scratch

Lord have mercy on my soul!