Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Monday, January 02, 2012

Storing Christmas Cards....

One of the things I LOVE about Christmas are the cards & letters that I get from friends and family all over the world.  In the past I've simply packed them away with the other Christmas stuff and then the following year I'd have something to read again before decorating.  But then, sadly...I'd throw them out.


I mean, what do you do with them?


I was visiting Amy a few years ago she pulled out a folder that she keeps her family's holiday cards and letters.  I saw that and said, "I can do that!"  As I was putting my cards away for 2011, I thought I'd give you the details on how to do this yourself if you're wanting to save the cards, but have no idea what to do with them.  Here is my collection o f cards since 2006...




This is the box I store the cards and letters in.  I got this at Archivers, they're by Lineco.  Here's the link to the boxes so you can see a little more about it.


Basically, I take all my cards (look...here they are!).....


And sort them by type.  Folded cards, long photo cards, square photo cards, cards that came with letters....


I then use an expandable ring and paper punch (the rings came in a pack of 8.  I just keep the extra's in the box).  I punch the smaller cards first, working my way through to the cards with letters.  I keep the cards & letters that came from the same family together.   I put them on the ring and wala!  Done!  


Is anyone else sad to pack away the Christmas stuff?
*sigh*