Let's Connect!

 photo 321404b9-d968-4cf4-ba37-daffc976f38f.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconspinterest-1.png  photo LeelouBlogsfreeiconsInstagram-1.png

Friday, June 18, 2010

How the Big Guy Proposed....

Over at Kelly's Korner, we are talking about proposals!

Since I just got married (you can see photos and stories, here, here and here), this is a nice way to wrap up the wedding stuff.

Ready?

He proposed in the car on the way home from Costco.
I'm serious.

We were discussing a story on the news about a woman who posted a video on facebook on the birth of her child. A full on, show the goods, video. My response was "why would you do that?!" As we were chatting about that, the Big Guy says, "you know, your Christmas list is kinda small, are you hinting at something?"

My reply was "NO! Of course not!" (it was small because, well, I couldn't think of anything!).

So, as we discussed weddings for the 800th time in our almost 5 years of dating, I finally looked at him and said, "Are you asking me to marry you?"

He said, "What if I am? Would you say 'yes'?"

I said, "Of course I would!"

And that my friends is when we laughed out loud and said at the same time..."Did we just get engaged?"

A few days later, a ring was placed on my finger and we got married on May 22nd.
And I couldn't be happier.

I know folks want the fairytale proposal...one knee, romance, flowers. Not me. I knew we would marry, and honestly, I didn't need the romance. I just needed to know he was ready.


He was.
We are.

Now head back over to Kelly's Korner for more because I'm sure there are some WONDERFUL, lovely propsals that don't take place in a car, driving 70 MPH down the interstate.

And for the record, I wouldn't change any of it.

8 comments:

Tania said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner.

May have not been a fairytale proposal, but I think it was still sweet and one you will always remember. Congratulations!

Erin said...

Hopped over from Kelly's Korner! That was cute! It may not be a text book proposal but it's yours and it's special! :) (And who cares about text books anyway?!)

You can read mine @
erinbeck319.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I love that story!

Marla said...

I think that sounds like an awesome proposal. If you guys are happy, that's all that matters. :)

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

I stopped by from Kelly's Korner.

I love it! There is something fun (if not romantic) in the way it happened, something almost more exciting than a proposal on the beach at sunset (which is NOT how I got engaged myself, just saying!)
I think it's cute, and if it's very "you" then that's all that matters!

Rebecca Jo said...

That is so cute.... & seems so appropriate for the two of you!!!! Love it!

I did laugh when I read "He proposed in the car on the way home from Costco" ... the rest of the story makes it all better..

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Ha! Our engagement was similar. It happened over a discussion about car insurance and how we had too many cars between the two of us. By the time we wrapped up the conversation we had decided to sell one vehicle and tie the knot. No bended knee. No big proposal. No candlelight dinner. I laugh just thinking about it.

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet and fantastic story. I love it. Who needs knee bends and dramatic displays when you have such a real and ever present love. Very sweet!